Modern jаvascript from the beginning – all the way up to JS expert level! THE must-have jаvascript resource in 2020.
What you’ll learn
- jаvascript from scratch – beginner to advanced
- All core features and concepts you need to know in modern jаvascript development
- Everything you need to become a jаvascript expert and apply for jаvascript jobs
- Project-driven learning with plenty of examples
- All about variables, functions, objects and arrays
- Object-oriented programming
- Deep dives into prototypes, jаvascript engines & how it works behind the scenes
- Manipulating web pages (= the DOM) with jаvascript
- Event handling, asynchronous coding and Http requests
- Meta-programming, performance optimization, memory leak busting
- Testing, security and deployment
- And so much more!
- NO prior jаvascript knowledge is required
- Basic web development knowledge is recommended
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS helps but is NOT required
jаvascript is THE most important programming language
you need to learn as a web developer – and with this course, you make sure that you will not miss a single thing you have to know as a jаvascript developer!
This is the most comprehensive and modern course
you can find on jаvascript – it’s based on all my jаvascript knowledge AND teaching experience
. It’s both a complete guide
, starting with the core basics of the language, as well as an extensive reference
of the jаvascript language and environment, ensuring that both newcomers as well as experienced jаvascript developers get a lot out of this course!
It’s a huge course because it’s packed with important knowledge
and helpful content. From the core basics, over advanced concepts and jаvascript specialties, all the way up to expert topics like performance optimization and testing – this course has it all. My goal was to create your go-to resource for the jаvascript language, which you can not just use for learning it but also as a resource you can come back to and look up important topics.
The course is based on my experience as a long-term jаvascript developer as well as a teacher with more than 1,000,000 students
on Udemy as well as on my YouTube channel Academind. It’s packed with examples, demos, projects, assignments, quizzes
and of course videos – all with the goal of giving you the best possible way of learning jаvascript.What’s in the course?
This course is obviously packed with content – I therefore strongly recommend that you check out the full course curriculum to get a clear idea of all the topics covered in the course. In general, here’s what you’ll find in the course:
What are the course prerequisites?
- Modern jаvascript from the start: The jаvascript syntax changed over time – in this course, you’ll learn the latest syntax from the start (you’ll also learn about the old one though, so that you can work in ANY JS project)
- ALL the Basics: Variables, constants, functions, how scripts are loaded etc
- Arrays & Objects: We’ll explore these very important data structures in great detail
- Control Structures: Understand how to run code conditionally and in loops
- A look behind the Scenes: How jаvascript engines work behind the scenes and what that means for us
- Deep dives into Core Concepts: ALL the special things about jаvascript function, different syntaxes
- Working with the DOM: How to manipulate web pages dynamically via jаvascript (including deep dives and different use-cases)
- Events in jаvascript: Learn how to listen to a broad variety of events (e.g. drag & drop) and execute appropriate code
- Classes & Object-oriented Programming: Learn how to work with classes, prototypes, the “this” keyword, constructor functions and much more
- Asynchronous and Synchronous Programming: We’ll explore callbacks, promises, async/ await and other important tools and language features to execute code correctly
- Http Requests: Learn how to send Http requests via jаvascript
- Tooling, Optimizations & Browser Support: Code splitting, producing small code and ensuring that scripts work in all browsers – this matters and hence is covered in great detail
- Libraries & Frameworks: Learn about libraries like Axios or frameworks like React.js – why they matter and how to use them
- Node.js: Whilst focusing on the browser-side for the majority of the course (because the syntax is the same), we’ll also have a dedicated section on Node.js to learn all about that JS host environment
- Security & Performance Optimizations: Of course security matters, so does performance – no surprise that both is covered in the course!
- Automated Testing: Testing manually is hard work and can be unreliable – in this course you’ll also get an introduction into automated testing
- NO jаvascript knowledge is required – you’ll learn it from scratch!
- You also need NO programming experience other than basic web development knowledge (e.g. how the web works)
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge is recommended but not a must-have
Who this course is for:
Created by Academind by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, Maximilian Schwarzmüller
- Beginner web development students who have no or only little jаvascript experience
- Also developers who know the basics about jаvascript and want to deepen their knowledge
- Advanced jаvascript developers who want to learn more about the nitty-gritty details and dive into advanced concepts
- Everyone interested in learning jаvascript and all about how it works
Last updated: 01.2020
| Size: 19.31 GB
Click to get: