Understand the how and the why of the gang of four design patterns using Java.
What you’ll learn
- Understand all 23 of the Gang of Four’s design patterns and how to implement them in Java.
- Be able to demonstrate industry best practices in the implementations of Java design patterns code you write.
- Obtain a solid understanding of what design patterns are, how to implement them but also WHY you should!
- Acquired the design patterns skills you need to become a senior Java developer.
- You should have a general understanding of Java – ideally by going through this channels Java Crash Course or Java Masterclass
- A Windows computer, Linux machine, or a Mac so that the free IDE can be downloaded and install (full instructions included).
- An open mind to learn something new and exciting which may make a huge difference in your future career.
So you have some Java experience under your belt, but are trying to figure out what to do next to make it easier to get that next job or consulting gig, and to stand out from the crowd.
Maybe you have heard of design patterns before and have seen programmers who know them and are able to implement them are held in very high regard.
One thing is clear, Java programmers with design pattern experience are in high demand. Design patterns are heavily used in the real world, so it’s essential that Java programmers learn how to identify design patterns and implement them.
And that’s what you are going to learn in this course!
Perhaps you tried to learn about design patterns in the past, but struggled to understand them. This course is going to give you the core design patterns experience you need!This course is unique in comparison to other design patterns courses.
Why? It not only teaches how to use design patterns, but perhaps more importantly, it teaches why you should use them!
Why they are the best approach and how using them can make you a super productive and awesome Java Programmer.
The reality is that Java developers who truly understand how to use design patterns are in high demand.
So what specifically is included in this course?This course focuses on the details and a thorough understanding of all design patterns from the Gang of four.
Who are the Gang of four?
Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson and John Vlissides released a book in 1994 that was and is still considered a classic. The concepts are still very relevant in 2019!
This course is all about showing you how to use their design patterns in todays software development environment.
You will learn detailed aspects of common design patterns (23 from the Gang of four) using the Java programming language.Why should I bother with Design Patterns?
In programming terms, a design pattern is a solution to a common problem that occurs when writing software. Think of it as more like a template than actual code – its a how-to to solve a problem that can be re-used in many different situations.
Using design patterns gives you a way to solve common problems with a proven solution! So learning java design patterns and architecture and being able to use and implement them are critical to take your Java programming to new levels.What you will learn in this course.
You will learn how to implement specific design patterns in addition to learning why they are the best approach and how they make you a super productive and awesome Java programmer.
Many, many examples and challenges are provided to test your understanding of every pattern that you have learned.
This course is unique to other courses here at Udemy in that the details and the why are explained
. We do not just go through projects and provide a how-to. You will learn WHY
you should be using a particular design pattern and the benefits to doing so.
Jason Fedin, you instructor is an expert Java developer, and has one of the most popular C programming languages on Udemy (published on this channel).
As a professional programmer, with over 18 years of commercial experience, you can be assured you are learning from a true professional and learning the real-world skills you need to know to succeed.
If you are ready to get started, click on that enroll button and start taking your Java skills to new levels!
Who this course is for:
Created by Tim Buchalka’s Learn Programming Academy, Jason Fedin
- If you are a beginner programmer, then this course is probably not for you. In that scenario consider taking a Java or C# crash course from this channel.
- Programmers who have a reasonable understanding of the basics of Java, ready to take their skills to new levels.
- Existing Java programmers who want to obtain skills in Design Patterns to move into more senior programming positions.
Last updated: 12.2019
| Size: 9.68 GB
Click to get: