Building fullstack applications
(i.e. frontend + backend) with the MERN stack is very popular
– in this course, you will learn it from scratch at the example of a complete project!
This is NOT
an “Intro to React” or “Intro to Node” course. It is a practical hands-on course for building an app using the incredible MERN stack
ExpressJS, ReactJS, and NodeJS as their working components. Here are the details of what each of these components is used for in developing a web application when using the MERN stack:
- MongoDB: A document-oriented, No-SQL database used to store the application data.
- NodeJS: The jаvascript runtime environment. It is used to run jаvascript on a machine rather than in a browser.
- ExpressJS: A framework layered on top of NodeJS, used to build the backend of a site using NodeJS functions and structures. Since NodeJS was not developed to make websites but rather run jаvascript on a machine, ExpressJS was developed.
- ReactJS: A library created by Facebook. It is used to build UI components that create the user interface of the single-page web application.
With MongoDB under its hood for higher scalability, Express JS for speed enhancements, jаvascript as its primary language for end-to-end development, MERN is one of the best full stack development suites after MEAN.
React JS is the best when it comes to UI layer abstraction. It provides the best-in-class tools for faster code development. While React is only a library, it gives you the freedom to build the application and organize the code the way you want, by providing the necessary tools. Hence, it is better than Angular in terms of UI rendering and performance.
This is version 1 of the MERN Stack course. In the next version, you are going to learn more about pagination, authentication, and deployment, etc.