Learning Management System Plugin LMS – To Manage Courses Like Udemy: Make this
As part of this course, we’re going to be making an LMS plugin that lets us make and list courses on our website, just like this website Udemy does.
Learn how to make premium WordPress themes and plugins in the process of making this one.
Create CUSTOM POST TYPE
- Learn how to make new types of posts in your WordPress dashboard.
- You will make your own CPT here.
- You can call it whatever you want, and you can change its icon, too, if you want.
- There are ways to add custom fields, and you will learn how to add custom fields (Without the need for External Plugins)
- Learn how to change the look of Custom Fields with CSS.
In our case, we’ll add things like a trailer video, the price of the course, and what it’s about.
After that, we’ll learn how to store all of these details in a database so that we can find them later on our course page when we need them.
- You will learn how to make databases with tables.
- Whenever our plugin is activated, this table will be set up for us.
- In the second part, you will learn about Databases
- How to Add data, save it, update it, and get it from any database table: In the background, your plugin will be taking care of this automatically.
- You will learn how to make great templates for your CPT with HTML and CSS.
- There are custom fields that we made, and we will show you how to Dynamically Load Your Course Details from them. Each course page will have its own price, video trailer, and content. All of this will be done through the WordPress Dashboard. You can make changes here, and they’ll show up on the front-end.
This is why it’s so good to use plugins in WordPress. It makes it easy for us to keep track of our content from the Dashboard.
Also, keep in mind that this LMS plugin you’re going to make is just one example of what you can do with it. With what you learn in this class, you can make different plugins that do different things. – T-shirts are sold.
In that case, come along with me and we’ll start building this LMS plugin.