In this short course, you will learn everything you need to know about HTML5 in just a few hours. We will be teaching the students about some of the parts of a simple web page. If you take this class, you should learn how to make a simple static site that you can add to your resume when you become a web developer.
To take this class, you don’t need any previous experience with programming. In this lesson, I’ll show you how to start making a simple static site with the same features you’d see on a site that wants to give you basic information. Our development process will go step-by-step, and we’ll start by talking about how important it is to write your web document with semantic meaning in mind.
This class is going to cover the following:
1. In this lesson, we’ll look at what semantic elements are.
2. Build a simple HTML site with the following content:
- The head section.
- About section.
- In this section, you will find a table
- The footer.
3. The basics of CSS are here. This class is not about learning Cascading Style Sheets, but we will learn some basic CSS so that we can add a little flair to our project at the end.
4. You’ll also be able to work on your observation and debugging skills while you are there.