Selectors/ locators are at the heart of automation testing. Learning how to identify them (without relying on tools) is a critical skill to becoming an automation tester.
Locators in Selenium, Cypress, WebdriverIO… can be referred to as one of the most critical components required to build effective and robust automaton tests, in turn making your tests become a lot less Flaky. It’s ideally the building block of all automation tests/scripts. These are some of the important parameters for scripting, and if they end up being incorrect or brittle, they may lead to script failure. A good scripting base foundation requires elements to be located appropriately
Tools cannot be relied upon, as they do not often provide the most efficient selector/ locator available. Identifying selectors/ locators is also a common question asked in coding exercises during interviews.
This course teaches you:
- How to identify selectors/ locators like a pro
- Understand the difference between the different types of locators
- The best approach to identify them
- How to write your own custom locators
- Learn how to prepare for interview questions relating to selectors/ locators
- How to gain confidence in writing selectors/ locators so you do not need to rely on tools
- And more
By the end of this course, you will be able to confidently identify and write your own custom locators without needing to rely on tools. This will provide you with the confidence and knowledge to write high-quality Selenium test scripts.
Come master this core skill, today!