UDEMY’S #1 BESTSELLING BLOGGING COURSE — REDESIGNED WITH ALL NEW CURRICULUM FOR 2021 AND BEYOND“Merrill provides invaluable tips and examples for starting a blog and making it into a career.” —CNN“…the entire process for turning a blog into a bonafide moneymaker.” —The Next Web“Brad is clearly experienced, accomplished and an expert in this subject. His knowledge will be very helpful for those who are able to absorb & implement all of his suggestions and tips.” —Leah, Udemy student
“Totally AWESOME course!!!!! You have addressed every aspect of getting started with a new blog, but better yet what it takes to make it a success. I can’t wait to get started.” —Terry, Udemy student“Excellent material, well explained, and a talented & experienced instructor who is not afraid to share his opinion on what it does or doesn’t work for him.” —JP, Udemy student
Brad Merrill has been building things on the web for well over a decade. In 2010, he started a blog about technology and innovation, and in just a couple of years it grew into a large publication with staff and revenue, serving more than half a million monthly readers. His work has been featured on Techmeme and cited by a number of notable blogs and publications, including the Wall Street Journal
In this course, Brad condenses more than ten years of trial and error into a simple blueprint designed to help you build a successful blog. You’ll learn all the essentials, including:
- The mindset of a successful blogger
- How to build a WordPress site
- How to write amazing blog content that readers will love and share
- How to promote your content to ensure people actually see it
- How to build and leverage an email list to generate traffic and revenue on demand
- How to turn your blog into a business that generates revenue
Why would you want to build a blog? Well, there are many different motivations, but here are a few of the most common:
- Build a business: A blog can be the center of a low-overhead, location-independent, lucrative business. There has never been a better time to do this—the Internet has made it cheaper and easier than ever before for anyone to start a business.
- Grow an existing business: Content marketing is one of the best ways to drive your business forward, and a blog is a tried and true format. Many of the world’s biggest companies and brands are now using digital content to market their products and services, so you’ll be in great company if you do the same.
- Showcase your expertise: If you want to position yourself as a thought leader or expert, blogging is an excellent way to do it. A blog can be a powerful asset if you’re trying to build a personal brand, get a job, sell services, or launch a career in public speaking.
- Build Relationships: Blogging is a great way to become an active and influential member of your community, which can help you build relationships with people you want to reach.
If you’re thinking of starting a blog this year, there’s never been a better time. This course will walk you through the entire process—setting up WordPress, writing stellar content, promoting that content, building an email list, and implementing a revenue model to turn your blog into a business. It’s all here.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for students with varying levels of experience. Whether you’re just getting started or looking for ways to take your blog to the next level, this course is for you.
What an excellent course!! I would recommend it to anyone looking to learn the skills you need to start a blog. The instructor explains concepts very clearly, giving detailed examples with graphics so it’s easy to learn and remember, and provides step by step instructions about creating content online. I’m only halfway, but I already have a few useful tools at my disposal. Can’t wait to get started!
12 sections • 85 lectures • 3h 27m total length
- The Foundation
- Setting Up Your Website
- Generating Content Ideas
- Improving Your Writing
- The Most Effective Types Of Blog Content
- Content Formats & Repurposing
- Blog SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Content Promotion Strategies
- Growing Your Email List
- Monetizing Your Blog
- Wrapping Up