What is the aim of this course?
Time and again you will come across problems that are seemingly unsolvable. In many cases, you don’t even know how to approach them. Luckily, there are a lot of nice management consulting tools, techniques, and frameworks that will help you solve everyday problems. You don’t have to go to a top consulting firm to master them. You can master them by taking my course.
This course will help you drastically improve your skills in solving problems using management consulting tools, techniques, and frameworks. In this course, we will mainly concentrate on solving real-life problems like goal settings and defining what and when to do, estimating the cost of a wedding, losing weight and getting in shape, deciding whether to do an MBA or not, choosing the right boyfriend/girlfriend, deciding whether you should buy a car or not, deciding when to retire and many more. If you have a specific problem just let me know and I will give you tips on how to solve it using the tools presented in this course.
The course is designed for people who want to become more data-driven and less emotional in the way they solve problems and make decisions. Thanks to the course you will be making better decisions and solve problems that have seemed so far unsolvable. In the course you will learn 3 things:
- What consulting techniques, tools, and frameworks there are
- When to apply each and one of them
- How to use them in practice including examples of how to calculate specific things in Excel
The course is based on my 15 years of experience as a consultant in top consulting companies and as a Board Member responsible for strategy, performance improvement, and turn-arounds in the biggest companies from Retail, FMCG, SMG, B2B, and services sector that I worked for. On the basis of what you will find in this course, I have trained over 100 consultants, business analysts, and managers who are now CEO, COO, Directors of Sales, Production, Investment Directors in PE funds, Directors in Consulting Companies, Board Members, etc. On top of that my courses on Udemy
were already taken by more than 84 000 students
including people working in EY, McKinsey, Walmart, Booz Allen Hamilton, Adidas, Naspers, Alvarez & Marsal, PwC, Dell, Walgreens, Orange, and many others.
I teach through cases, so for every tool, technique, and framework I provide an example, preferably in Excel, that shows you how to apply the knowledge in practice. To most of the lectures, you will find attached (in additional resources) Excel files shown in the lecture, so as a part of this course you will also get a library of ready-made analyses that can, with certain modifications, be applied by you in your work. If you are already working in Management Consulting this course will give you an advantage over your colleagues and will help you get to make better choices in your life.Why did I decide to create this course?
Management consulting has been very creative and has produced or popularized the application of many tools, techniques, and frameworks that can be used to improve not a business but also your private life. By putting those tools and techniques in one course and explaining them using real-life examples related to everyday life, I wanted to make this knowledge available to everybody that wants to make better decisions, especially students that are considering joining Management Consulting firms as well as managers that simply need to expand their toolbox with few useful tools.
Things you will find in this course will improve your awareness and skills in analyzing problems that you will be facing in in private life as well as in business. Thanks to this course, you will know what tools, techniques, or frameworks to use and how to use them in practice.
To sum it up, I believe that if you want to make better decisions, solve faster problems in your private life you should master the techniques presented in this course. That is why I highly recommend this course not only to consultants or business analyst that have to advise their customers but also to everybody that wants to make better decisions in his or her life.In what way will you benefit from this course?
The course is a practical, step by step guide loaded with tones of analyses, tricks, hints that will significantly improve the speed and efficiency with which you solve problems and make decisions. There is little theory – mainly examples, a lot of tips from my own experience as well as other notable examples worth mentioning. Our intention is that thanks to the course you will learn:
- What management consulting tools, techniques, and frameworks are available
- How to use them in practice to solve problems and make better decisions
- How to make decisions and solve problems using available information/data
You can also ask me any question either through the discussion field or by messaging me directly in Udemy.How the course is organized?
The course is divided into 4 sections and I will be adding new sections to address other important issues. Currently, you will find the following sections:
- Introduction. We begin with a little intro into the course as well as some general info on production
- Basic tools, techniques, and frameworks used by management consultants. In the second section, I will discuss the main tools that you can use to analyze and solve problems in real life. We will talk about things like: issue tree, bottom-up approach, top-down approach, backward reasoning, 80/20 rule, benchmarking, cost drivers, opportunity tree, and many, many more
- Intermediate tools, techniques, and frameworks used by management consultants. In this section, I will discuss more advanced techniques such as: rankings, scenario analysis, representative element analysis, decision tree, OEE, OLE, the Theory of Constraints, Critical Chain, and many, many more
- Advanced tools, techniques, and frameworks used by management consultants. In this section, I will discuss further more advanced techniques such as: simulation analysis, decomposition analysis, feasibility analysis, and sensitivity analysis
I will be adding new sections and lectures in the coming monthsYou will be able also to download many additional resources
At the end of my course, students will be able to…
- Excels with analyses shown in the course
- Presentation of slides show in the course
- Links to additional presentations and movies
- Links to books worth reading
Who should take this course? Who should not?
- Make better decisions
- Analyze fast problems in your private life and business
- Master management consulting tools, techniques, and frameworks
- Apply the right elements from your management consulting toolbox
- Find fast potential improvements in your life and achieve your goals
- Prepare you to move on to intermediate level management consulting training
- Calculate in Excel the impact of your decision on your life
- People interested in making better decisions based on data
- Students that are considering becoming management consultants
- Management Consultants
- Business Analysts
- Small and medium business owners
- Startups founders